Pre-Lease / Hold Application
University Commons at Lakeside
125 Clarendon Place, Union, SC 29379
Applicant will pay University Commons at Lakeside a pre-lease deposit of $500.00 once the Agreement is signed and dated.
Applicant is to pre-lease one-bedroom unit approx. 134 sqf. located at University Commons at Lakeside. (Private locking bedroom also includes: common areas - bathroom, living room, kitchen, appliances, utilities, washer, dryer, cable, and high-speed internet service).
Applicant and University Commons at Lakeside agree to the following terms once the $500.00 deposit is made:
- If the information provided by the Applicant is verified to Management’s satisfaction and Applicant has an acceptable rental and credit history, Management agrees to rent the unit applied for to the Applicant
- If applicant and management enter in to a rental agreement, the pre-lease hold security deposit will be held in escrow as a security deposit. Applicant understands that by paying the pre-lease hold security deposit they are accepting tenancy for the unit applied for even if the approval is conditional.
- If Applicant’s pre-lease/hold deposit bounces, management reserves the right to rent the unit and recoup costs from applicant for the unpaid fees. This is not limited to bounced check fees, administrative fees, loss of rents, or costs to re-advertise the unit.
- If applicant fails to occupy the unit, management reserves the right to retain any funds paid towards the unit and has the option to re-rent the unit unless otherwise agreed upon by applicant and management. Applicant also understands that once the lease is signed, the applicant is responsible for the rent of the unit whether they occupy the unit or not.
- If the Certificate of Occupancy for the building is delayed and unit is unavailable, applicant has option to extend time of possession or terminate Pre-Lease Agreement for a full refund.